Postdoctoral position

Matthias hammerschmid at immunbio.mpg.de
Mon Nov 22 11:30:22 EST 1999

Postdoctoral Position

A postdoctoral position for a Non-German is available as of January
2000 in our laboratory at the Max-Planck Institute for
Immunobiology in Freiburg, Germany. Work in our lab focuses on
two main subjects, early embryonic dorsoventral patterning, and
development of the pituitary gland.

In addition to zebrafish, we use Xenopus laevis as an experimental
organism. Ongoing and planned projects are the isolation of new
zebrafish mutants (enhancer screens for dorsoventral mutants and
in situ screens for pituitary mutants), and the characterization of
existing mutants, including the identification of the affected genes
by candidate testing and positional cloning.

For more information, please contact Matthias Hammerschmidt
(hammerschmid at immunbio,mpg.ed)

Matthias Hammerschmidt
Spemann Laboratories
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Immunbiologie