eggs at night...

Angie Lanie alanie at biosci.cbs.umn.edu
Mon Nov 22 19:23:04 EST 1999

Our lab was wondering if anyone knows a trick to get your fish to
lay eggs in the night.  Will a little bit of light flashed on at the time
you want work?  Or must the fish's whole internal clock need to be
reset (ie: gradually rotate the light cycle from day-light to night-
light)?  We're trying to avoid coming in periodically throughout the
night to look at the eggs at different time stages.   Before I rig
something up, I thought maybe someone could enlighten me on
anything they've tried.

Thanks,
Angie Lanie
Zebrafish Room Manager