Zebra-fish retractor-lentis muscle development

Alice MacKenzie alicebrodie at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 29 15:23:23 EST 1999

Hi, my name is Alice MacKenzie and as part of my final year in my
study of Optometry I must complete a reseach project.

I have chosen to study the refractive power of the zebrafish lens
compared with the optical dimensions as the fish grows. As I
understand it, accommodation within the eye of the zebrafish is
carried out by the movement of the lens anteriorly and posteriorly
by the retractor-lentis muscle. This will interfere with the
measurement of the optical dimensions, and I would therefore like
to eliminate the process of accommodation. However, I do not
know by what post-hatching time the retractor-lentis muscle of the
zebra-fish eye is fully developed and functional.

Do you know the post-hatching time that the retractor-lentis
muscle of the zebra-fish eye is fully developed and functional? Or
any other information regarding the zebrafish eye that I may find
useful? Thank you in advance for any help.

Yours sincerely
Alice MacKenzie
alicebrodie at yahoo.com