assistant professor opening

Chi-Bin Chien chi-bin.chien at hsc.utah.edu
Tue Oct 19 17:15:38 EST 1999

This is a brief note to make the zebrafish community aware of a
position in our department for a developmental neurobiologist,
which has recently been advertised in Science (see ad below). The
University of Utah has an active and collaborative zebrafish
community: my own lab (axon guidance); David Grunwald
(mesoderm development); Mark Keating (fin regeneration);
and Joseph Yost (left-right asymmetry). The neuroscience
community is very strong, especially in development.

--Chi-Bin Chien

< Dept. Neurobiology and Anatomy |       office: 1-801-585-1701 >
< Univ. Utah Med. Center         |          lab: 1-801-585-1702 >
< 50 North Medical Drive.        |          fax: 1-801-581-4233 >
< Salt Lake City, UT  84132      |   chi-bin.chien at hsc.utah.edu >
< http://molbio.med.utah.edu/chien/chien.html                   >

*****PLEASE POST*****

TENURE-TRACK ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
IN DEVELOPMENTAL NEUROSCIENCE
UNIVERSITY OF UTAH SCHOOL OF MEDICINE

Applicants must have a Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent degree and
postdoctoral research experience.  The ability to develop a very
strong independent research program in nervous system
development is of paramount importance.  A strong commitment to
teaching medical and graduate students is also required.

Send a vita, a statement of research interests and names and
addresses of three references to:

Dr. T. N. Parks, Chair
Dept. of Neurobiology and Anatomy
Univ. of Utah School of  Medicine
50 North Medical Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84132

or to the e-mail address: najobapp at mailman.med.utah.edu.

Deadline is January 14, 2000 or until a suitable candidate is found.
EOE/AA.  We strongly encourage applications from women and
minorities. Visit our department Web site at
http//:www-na.med.utah.edu.