Genome Biology web report

Genome Biology Editorial editorial at genomebiology.com
Thu Apr 13 10:45:20 EST 2000

This is a short note to let you know that ZFIN has been featured
in GenomeBiology's web reports. You can read the report at
http://genomebiology.com/2000/1/1/reports/212 and send it to friends
directly from our website. GenomeBiology is a journal and website that
aims to help biologists respond to the increasing impact of genomics on
biological research and the changes that the internet is bringing to the
dissemination of information. Our focus will be 'post-genomic' biology -
all of biology as it becomes (increasingly) informed by genomics. We
will do this both by distributing our primary research papers free of
charge to individual readers via PubMed Central and by commissioning
systematic web, paper and meeting reports, reviews and commentary,
highlighting significant advances in all areas of biology that are
informed by genomics (not just genomics, but the biology that's being
based on knowing more genomes and genome-scale information, facilitating
comparisons across species, and so on). We will be publishing a print
journal for subscribers, which will essentially include highlights from
the website.

In case you would like to link from your site to GenomeBiology, I have
included graphics and the appropriate code to generate small or large
icons, which could be added to your website and would direct visitors
straight to the GenomeBiology report.

I would be interested to hear whether you have any feedback on
GenomeBiology - during our development phase we welcome all comment and
advice. Also, if you know of anyone with whom we should be in contact
about GenomeBiology, please let us know. Finally, if you might be
interested in contributing, perhaps as a web reporter, do get in touch.

Best wishes,
Lizzie

Lizzie Cribb  DPhil
Trainee Project Editor