Faculty Positions

Vincent Cassone vmc at mail.bio.tamu.edu
Fri Aug 4 11:11:08 EST 2000

                   FACULTY POSITIONS IN BIOLOGY
                           Texas A&M University

   As part of a University-wide expansion of life sciences at Texas
A&M, the Department of Biology invites applications for THREE
TENURE-TRACK FACULTY POSITIONS. We seek outstanding
indi-viduals addressing fundamental biological questions in their
research. Genomics/bioinformatics and integrative biology are
areas of special interest, but we encourage any scientist to apply
who is using innovative approaches to study model systems.

   Successful candidates will be expected to establish a vigorous,
extramurally funded research pro-gram and to be active in
undergraduate and graduate teaching. We anticipate that the
positions will be filled at the level of Assistant Professor, but excep-
tional candidates will be considered for appointment at more-
advanced academic rank. Applicants should submit a curriculum
vitae, statement of research and teaching interests, and three
letters of recommend-ation to: Biology Search Committee,
Department of Biology, Texas A&M University, TAMU 3258,
College Station, TX 77843. Information about our department can
be found at www.bio.tamu.edu. Review of applications will begin
on September 15, 2000, and continue until the positions are filled.
Texas A&M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.