- worm.jpg (0/1) worm problem

Tilak Das td206 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Dec 22 16:01:12 EST 2000

We have found worms in our facility (actually, amongst new-born
clutches) which tend to feed on the embryos as well as kill adults -
these end up emaciated before they die. We've tried treating the
system with fluke tabs but this doesn't seem to have been very
effective. Right now, we're trying to determine what this worm
actually is. It's about 1-2mm in length, is segmented and spiny.
We should be very grateful if anyone has any idea as to what this
organism is, and/or how it could be treated. Please let me know if
you have any further questions or would like to see a picture of it.

Thanks in advance,

Tilak Das

Dept. of Anatomy
University of Cambridge