Histology of zebrafish ovary

Ute Bieberstein ubiebers at ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Jan 19 12:55:40 EST 2000

Hi everybody out there!

Does anybody know something about the histology of zebrafish
ovaries. The special question is about how the animals lead mature
eggs to the porus. We always thought, that the ovary just releases
the eggs into the coelom and then they leave the body. However,
we were just discussing about some histological images of
zebrafish ovary and some structure we have no explanation for
were seen. So, at the moment we are quite unsure whether there
exist some 'channels' exit that lead mature eggs from the ovary to
the porus?

We would really appreciate some comments, thanks

Also feel free to send Mail to: ubiebers at ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de

Kind regards

---