Zebrafish and chips

John Knowles j.f.knowles at clara.co.uk
Wed Jun 14 16:49:22 EST 2000

I was wondering if anybody was working on production of DNA
microchips for looking at gene expression in zebrafish.  I'm not
actually doing mol biol work on zebras at the moment but there
seems to be an awful lot of information on zebrafish genome about.
I'd guess that if there are any microchips they will be for genes
controlling development, especially neurodevelopment as this is
zebrafish's big thing, however, I'd be particularly interested if
anyone's looking at p53, ras or other oncogenes, metallothionein or
EROD (ie those involved in dealng with environment pollutants and
associated with cancers which may result from exposure to such
pollutants). Thanks for reading this and let me know if you have any
info or interest in this area. John

j.f.knowles at clara.co.uk