Declining Egg Production

Seth Budick sbudick1 at swarthmore.edu
Thu Jun 15 13:09:42 EST 2000

Hi,

We have a small zfish facility (3 breeding tanks) and have had our
egg production slowly decline to zero in all tanks in the last few
weeks.  The fish are breeding age and seem to be healthy (they
have normal appetites and no unusual behavior). pH, NH3 and NO4
are normal.  Nothing has changed recently in their maintenance
protocol.  We do  have an ongoing problem with a whitish fungus
that kills a large fraction of our eggs.  Does anyone have an idea on
what might be causing this.  I've had nematodes suggested to me
as a possible culprit.  Thanks very much.

Seth

Seth Budick
Biology Department
414 Mugar Hall