zebrafish mating

L. HARRIS bgy8lh at SOUTH-02.NOVELL.LEEDS.AC.UK
Mon Nov 20 11:35:25 EST 2000

I am am final year Biology student from the University of Leeds,
England, doing a project on the mate choice of female zebrafish
(Danio rerio).  Whilst searching the net for information, I came
across your site and found it a most useful starting point.  I was
wondering if anyone could direct me to any information on female
mate choice based on the symmetry of the male's tail.  (Using the
theory that the female will chose the male with symmetrical tail
markings as a visual cue to his genetic quality and fitness).

Thank you in advance for your help.

Leila Harris.