Cell/Molecular Biology Faculty positions

David R. Hyde hyde.1 at nd.edu
Tue Nov 28 15:16:18 EST 2000

CELL / MOLECULAR BIOLOGY

The Department of Biological Sciences at the University of Notre
Dame invites applications for two TENURE TRACK FACULTY
POSITIONS in Cell Molecular Biology beginning fall semester
2001. Post-doctoral experience as well as a strong interest in
undergraduate and graduate teaching is required.  Teaching
responsibilities will be one course per semester consisting of an
undergraduate course in Cell, Molecular or Developmental Biology
and graduate teaching in an area of expertise.

Any research area of cell or molecular biology is appropriate.
However, we are particularly interested in seeking research
expertise to complement our current research emphases in cell
and molecular biology which includes:  molecular motors,
membrane trafficking, invasion and metastasis, apoptosis, nuclear
receptors, signal transduction, molecular genetics of visual
processes, molecular and cellular nutrition, and tumor biology.
Additional information is available at
http://www.science.nd.edu/biology.  The candidate's specific area
of research is less important than a demonstrated record of
excellence, originality and productivity in research.  The
department provides an excellent research environment including
state of the art optical imaging, flow cytometry and cell sorting,
automated histology and laser capture micro-dissection core
facilities.  The University also maintains excellent animal care,
zebrafish and transgenic facilities. We are particularly interested in
individuals who can complement our current research in zebrafish
and can take advantage of our anticipated 500 square foot
expansion of our current zebrafish facility.

The University of Notre Dame offers competitive salaries and
generous start up packages.  Review of applications will begin
December 15, 2000 and will continue until the positions are filled.
Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a brief description of
research accomplishments, a two page statement of research
objectives and teaching interests and have three letters of
recommendation sent to:

Cell and Molecular Biology Search
Department of Biological Sciences
University of Notre Dame
PO Box 369
Notre Dame, IN  46556-0369

For more information contact Dr. David R. Hyde via e-mail at
hyde.1 at nd.edu.

The University of Notre Dame is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer.  Women and minority candidates are
encouraged to apply.