Vladimir Apekin apekin at
Fri Sep 15 14:54:05 EST 2000

IA suspension of live Paramecia, prepared specifically for feeding
Zebrafish larvae, is now commercially available  from "Paramecia
Company". Our unique methodology of intensive Paramecium
culture and purification technique have the following advantages:

1. Our Paramecia are grown on live feed consisting of a defined
mixture of several kinds of yeast in the presence of herbal extract
that stabilizes the salt composition and pH. Short-time incubation
in disposable containers precludes any infection of fish.

2. The original equipment for Paramecia separation from the culture
media absolutely excludes cell damage. Following a two=ADstep
purification harvested Paramecia is placed in the T=FCbingen E3
medium for Zebrafish embryos.

3. Concentration of purified Paramecia cells is adjusted to 3000+/-
500 cells/ml, or according to our customers' preferences.

4. Freshly prepared Paramecia suspension will be delivered at
specified days in desired amounts starting with 250 ml at a cost of
$ 5/50mls plus cost of delivery.

5. Our product has been successfully tested and used in the
Whitehead Institute, Cambridge.

Benjamin Pratt   (617) 258-5200  (bpratt at

Paramecia Company
Vladimir Apekin, Ph.D.
PO Box 1544
Brookline MA  02446