Detection level for whole mount in situ

Michael Lardelli michael.lardelli at adelaide.edu.au
Tue Apr 10 12:29:41 EST 2001

Hi out there!

Can anyone direct me to a reference that gives some statement as
to the lower detection threshold for whole mount in situ transcript
hybridization on zebrafish (or any other) embryos? i.e. What is the
number of transcripts per cell below which whole mount in situ will
not give a signal. Even a crude estimate would be appreciated.
Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,

Michael
_______________________
Michael Lardelli
Department of Molecular Biosciences
Discipline of Genetics and
   Special Research Centre for the
   Molecular Genetics of Development
Adelaide University
5005
AUSTRALIA

Tel.    (Aust. = 61) (0)8 8303 3212  direct
        (Aust. = 61) (0)8 8303 5633  departmental secretary
Fax.    (Aust. = 61) (0)8 8303 4399
e-mail. michael.lardelli at adelaide.edu.au

Visit our UPDATED (!) website at:

http://www.science.adelaide.edu.au/genetics/lardelli/lardellilabwww.html

And now, a word from our legal department ...
and contains information which may be confidential and/or
copyright.  If you are not the intended recipient please do
not read, save, forward, disclose, or copy the contents of
this email. If this email has been sent to you in error,
please
delete this email and any copies or links to this email
completely and immediately from your system.  No
representation is made that this email is free of viruses.
Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility
of  the recipient.