Postdoc and Ph.D. Positions

Laure Bally-Cuif bally at gsf.de
Wed Apr 25 17:16:57 EST 2001

Postdoc and Ph.D. Positions

(Technical University, Munich, Germany) Ph.D. student and post-
doctoral positions are available in the Zebrafish Neurogenetics
group of the Technical University, Munich, Germany, to study
embryonic brain patterning and neurogenesis in vertebrates. We
primarily focus on the development of the ze brafish mid-hindbrain
territory. Projects will include the search and functional analysis of
new genes expressed within the presumptive mid-hindbrain, and
the establishment of new mid-hindbrain mutant lines. We routinely
use non-genetic techniquessuch as DNA/RNA injections into
zebrafish embryos, lineage tracing and transplantations, as well as
genetic approaches including transgenesis, mutagenesis and
molecular mapping. Knowledge in molecular and/or developmental
biology will be appreciated but is not mandatory. The group is
located at the GSF-Research Center in Munich / Neuherberg,
which possesses a new and highly performant zebrafish facility as
well as core facilities for high throughput molecular techniques.

Applicants should send CV, brief summary of research interests,
and the names of two references to:

Dr. Laure Bally-Cuif
GSF-Research Center
Institute of Mammalian Genetics