Rhombomeres DV Morphology

laurenti at ccr.jussieu.fr laurenti at ccr.jussieu.fr
Fri Aug 31 15:40:14 EST 2001

Dear All,

I am searching for references about the morphology (in transversal
cross-section) of the zebrafih hindbrain. More precisely about the
"evagination" of the hindbrain. Indeed, xenopus hindbrain for
instance develops more or less as a tube and is U-shaped,
whereas zebrafish rhombomeres "evaginate" at the end of
somitogenesis and that give rise to  a M-shaped structure. I found
a lot of references, and good reviews about antero-posterior
segmentation but nothing about dorso-ventral morphology.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

Patrick Laurenti
(laurenti at ccr.jussieu.fr)
Laboratoire de Biologie du Developpement
Universite de Paris 7
case 7077
2, place Jussieu
75251 Paris cedex 5