zebrafish

Todd Cloud tcloud at cathedral-irish.org
Mon Dec 3 10:55:35 EST 2001

I am a high school biology/zoology teacher who has had zebrafish
in my room since I started teaching 2 1/2 years ago.  However, this
semester will be the first time I will try to use them for a long-term
study. I am starting simple:  my zoology classes will be studying
the territoriality of zebrafish in a 10 gallon tank.  I am writng the
curriculum now and I have a few questions I was hoping you could
answer.

First, what would be a good number of zebrafish to study in a 10
gallon tank if I was hoping to observe territorilaity?

Second, should I mix sexes, or would it be better to study a single
sex?

Finally, is there any humane and lasting way to mark individual fish
to tell them apart?

Todd Cloud
Cathedral High School
5225 East 56th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46226
(317) 542-1481, ext. 401

Thank you so much for your time.  I look forward to hearing from
you.

Todd Cloud