Dying Larvae

Dallas Weaver, Ph.D. deweaver at gte.net
Thu Dec 13 20:48:59 EST 2001

in article 9v7v9s$3a1$1 at mercury.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk, Edward Eivers at
Edward.Eivers at nuigalway.ie wrote on 12/12/01 8:06 AM:

Ed,

If they are normal size for 2 weeks, they are too large for liquifry.  Try
live artemia napulii.  They can usually eat newly hatched artemia about 4 to
5 days post hatch and will eat artemia all the way to adult.  This is about
a 500 micron live feed.

Dallas

Dallas E. Weaver, Ph.D.  <deweaver at get.net>
Scientific Hatcheries
5542 Engineer Dr.
Huntington Beach, Ca 92649 USA
714-890-0138
Fax 714-890-2778

> We are a group of post graduate students at Galway University.
> We are currently trying to grow new zebrafish stocks and are
> having difficulties. The Larvae always seem to die around the 2
> week stage. We are changing the egg water every day and feeding
> them "Liquifry". The water is also being gently aerated. The larvae
> appear healthy up to this point, swimming about etc. and then all
> die within two days. If anyone has any suggestions please help.
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
> Ed

---