pregnant danio rerio

David and Kathy Stensaas davidkathy at inxpress.net
Fri Jan 5 19:09:41 EST 2001

Hello there:

I have a question relating to a very pregnant zebra.  She looks like
she is going to explode.  Her belly is very lumpy and almost
pointed in one spot.  I have been doing some reading on the web
site where your contact information is and have found out that they
are an egg laying species?  We were told by the store where we
purchased the fish that they are live bearers.  Is there such a thing.
I have separated her in a breeder container.  Is that the right thing
to do??  I thought it would be a good learning experience for my
children to see baby fish, hopefully before the other fish ate them.  I
need advice as to what to do next.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Kathy