posting an ad for a postdoc

Alvin Chin chinalvi at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 14 12:30:11 EST 2001

A postdoctoral position is available at The Children's Hospital of
Philadelphia for applicants with a strong interest in the molecular
basis of left-right axis formation or in cardiovascular pattern
formation in the developing zebrafish. We are using molecular,
cellular, genetic, and transgenic approaches to study mutants which
model human heterotaxy syndrome and ventricular hypoplasia (the two
major causes of childhood mortality from heart disease). In
collaboration with Drs. Mary Mullins and Michael Granato, we are
screening for novel zygotic and maternal mutations affecting
left-right patterning. Candidates with recent PhD or PhD/MD degrees
emphasizing molecular genetics or cell biology are encouraged to
apply. Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience
in zebrafish development and genetics.

The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia's Abramson Research Building
is located immediately adjacent to the University of Pennsylvania
campus, which provides one of the largest and most interactive
zebrafish research communities in the country.

Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae
and the names of 3 references (with phone numbers) via email to:
chinalvi at mail.med.upenn.edu, or via regular mail to:

Dr. Alvin J. Chin
The Cardiac Center
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
34th St. & Civic Center Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19104
USA

The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity
employer. For more information, see http://zfin.org/ZFIN .