technician position

Alvin Chin chinalvi at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 15 12:26:18 EST 2001

RESEARCH TECHNICIAN POSITION AVAILABLE

     A technician position is available immediately at The Children's
Hospital of Philadelphia for our new developmental biology laboratory on the
Cardiovascular Research floor. We are using molecular, cellular, genetic,
and transgenic approaches to study zebrafish mutants which model human
heterotaxy syndrome and ventricular hypoplasia (the two major causes of
childhood mortality from heart disease). In collaboration with Drs. Mary
Mullins and Michael Granato, we are screening for novel zygotic and maternal
mutations affecting left-right patterning. For additional information, see
http://zfin.org/ZFIN . Candidates with recent BA or BS degrees in marine
biology, molecular biology, genetics, or cell biology are encouraged to
apply. Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in
zebrafish development and genetics.

     The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia's Abramson Research Building is
located immediately adjacent to the University of Pennsylvania campus, which
provides one of the largest and most interactive zebrafish research
communities in the country.

Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae and the names of 3
references (with phone numbers) via email to: chinalvi at mail.med.upenn.edu,
or via regular mail to:

Dr. Alvin J. Chin
The Cardiac Center
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
34th St. & Civic Center Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19104
USA

The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer.