Position Available: Research Technician at Union Biometrica in Somerville, MA

Greg O'Connor goconnor at unionbio.com
Wed Jan 17 13:26:20 EST 2001

Immediate Opening Available at Union Biometrica

Union Biometrica, Inc. (http://unionbio.com/) is a leader in
automated dispensing and analysis of C. elegans, Drosophila
melanogaster, and Danio rerio. Our first product for C. elegans
research, the COPAS nematode sorter and dispenser, was
released in January 1999. Since then, we have introduced a family
of fluorescence-based instruments for analysis and sorting of
multicellular organism as well as a more sophisticated high-speed
analytical device. Why wait? Join our team of scientists and
engineers as we develop fluorescence based instrumentation and
associated in vivo assays.

Research Technician
-Molecular Biology-

This position entails the development of an extensive line of
disease model organisms adapted to the COPAS Technology
Platform that can be used in drug discovery and basic biomedical
research.

We are looking for an energetic and focused individual with a strong
background in molecular biology. Experience appropriate to the
project would include restriction enzyme digestions, gel
electrophoresis, DNA subcloning, PCR techniques, use of
fluorescent reporters and microscopy skills. The position requires a
minimum of a BA/BS degree in biology or a related science and at
least two years experience working in the biological sciences.
Interest in innovative instrumentation is required and experience
with Drosophila malanogaster is preferred.

We offer highly competitive salaries and a broad benefits plan that
includes free medical insurance and a company-matched pension
plan.

For consideration, please send a copy of your resume plus a brief
summary of prior research experience to Leonard Marchionni, Chief
Operating Officer (email: lmarch at unionbio.com), Union Biometrica,
Inc., 35 Medford Street, Suite 213, Somerville, MA 02143.

We look forward to hearing from you. Union Biometrica is an Equal
Opportunity Employer.