Endowed Professor in Genomics

Thomas D. Kocher thomas.d.kocher at unh.edu
Wed Jan 24 16:13:53 EST 2001

The University of New Hampshire is continuing its search for an
Endowed Professor in Genomics.  Please see the attached
advertisement for details.

Several things have changed since this position was first advertised
two years ago.

1) The startup funds available have increased to approximately
USD$1 million.
2) Continuing research support is available from the endowment.
3) Abundant space is available on the fourth floor of a brand new
building.
4) The University has asked me to build a Center for Genome
Studies, and has provided separate funds to expand our existing
core facilities for DNA sequencing.

I have a particular interest in finding the right person for this
position, to complement my efforts in building the genome center.
This is a wonderful opportunity for the right person, and I urge all
interested parties to apply.  There is no fixed deadline, but review of
applications begins Feb 1.

Please don't hesitate to contact me or the search committee chair
(Bill.Trumble at unh.edu) with any questions you might have.

-Tom

Thomas D. Kocher, Professor
Department of Zoology and Program in Genetics
University of New Hampshire
216 Rudman Hall
46 College Road
Durham, NH 03824
603-862-2115
FAX 862-3784
Tom.Kocher at unh.edu
http://tilapia.unh.edu

Endowed Chair in Genomics
College of Life Sciences and Agriculture
University of New Hampshire

The College of Life Sciences and Agriculture at the University of
New Hampshire is soliciting applications for the position of the
Hubbard Professor and Endowed Chair in Genomics.  This position
will be an integral part of the center for genomic studies currently
being established within the College of Life Sciences and
Agriculture at UNH. The Hubbard Professor will be associated with
an appropriate department of the College.

Candidates for the Endowed Chair should have qualifications to join
the College at the rank of Professor, should be nationally and/or
internationally recognized for accomplishments in an area of
functional genomics and should possess a record of excellence in
teaching and research.  The precise area of research is less
important than demonstrated potential to enhance the quality and
strength of genomic/proteomic-based research at UNH. Special
consideration will be given to candidates with research excellence
in areas of genomics that compliment existing research at UNH,
including Marine and Freshwater Biology, Environmental Sciences,
Plant & Microbial Biology and established/emerging model
organisms. The incumbent will be expected to maintain an
innovative externally-funded research program, to contribute to
undergraduate/graduate education, and to provide leadership in
furthering the goals of the College as well as the institute for
genomic studies.   A strong record of excellence in teaching,
research, leadership and collaboration will be required.

A competitive package for salary, start up funds and space is
available.  Nominations or applications should be accompanied by
a curriculum vitae.  Applications should also include a letter of
interest and the names, phone numbers and email addresses of
five individuals who could serve as references.  Review of
applications will begin on February 1, 2001 and continue until the
position is filled. Send applications or nominations to:

Dr. William R. Trumble
Search Committee Chair
Taylor Hall
University of New Hampshire
Durham, NH 03824

UNH is committed to excellence through diversity among its faculty
and strongly encourages women and minorities to apply.