A.sobria, A.caviae

Melissa Johanson JohansonM at crop.cri.nz
Wed Jun 20 11:45:47 EST 2001

I was wondering if anyone may be able to help with a problem, I
have identified two Aeromonas species A.sobria, A.caviae in  water
(a tank of small tank) containing  zebra fish. there have been
problems with the fish dying. noticeable hemorrhaging around the
fishes mouth,anal area and enlarge hearts, I am aware that
Aeromonas hydrophila (family of sobria,caviae) will cause
hemorrhagic septicemia. has anyone come across these bacteria
before, and if so what sort of treatment is needed.

thanks
melissa