Zebrafish SNPs

Georg Otto otto at molgix.molgen.mpg.de
Tue Jun 26 12:41:50 EST 2001

Hi!

I am interested in the question, what the frequency single
nucleotide polymorphisms is in the zebrafish. From what I have
seen, it might be more than 1/100 dependent on the strains
compared. This number is quite high, and I am not sure if it is
representative for the whole genome. However, I did not find real
data concerning that question in the literature, so I wonder if there
might be somebody out there, who has an idea about it, maybe
also about differences between coding and noncoding sequences.

Any answer will be appreciated.

Georg

--
Georg Wilhelm Otto		phone: +49-30-8413 1235
Max-Planck-Institut		fax:   +49-30-8413 1128

---