Zebrafish SNPs

Georg Otto otto at molgix.molgen.mpg.de
Tue Jun 26 12:41:50 EST 2001

I am interested in the question, what the frequency single
nucleotide polymorphisms is in the zebrafish. From what I have
seen, it might be more than 1/100 dependent on the strains
compared. This number is quite high, and I am not sure if it is
representative for the whole genome. However, I did not find real
data concerning that question in the literature, so I wonder if there
might be somebody out there, who has an idea about it, maybe
also about differences between coding and noncoding sequences.

Any answer will be appreciated.

Georg Wilhelm Otto		phone: +49-30-8413 1235
Max-Planck-Institut		fax:   +49-30-8413 1128
fuer molekulare Genetik