post-doc and Ph.D. positions available

Laure Bally-Cuif bally at gsf.de
Thu Mar 8 14:03:16 EST 2001

Ph.D. student and post-doctoral positions are available in the
Zebrafish Neurogenetics group of the Technical University, Munich,
Germany, to study embryonic brain patterning and neurogenesis in
vertebrates. We primarily focus on the development of the zebrafish
mid-hindbrain territory. Projects will include the search and
functional analysis of new genes expressed within the presumptive
mid-hindbrain, and the establishment of new mid-hindbrain mutant
lines. We routinely use non-genetic techniques such as DNA/RNA
injections into zebrafish embryos, lineage tracing and
transplantations, as well as genetic approaches including
transgenesis, mutagenesis and molecular mapping. Knowledge in
molecular and/or developmental biology will be appreciated but is
not mandatory. The group is located at the GSF-Research Center
in Munich / Neuherberg, which possesses a new and highly
performant zebrafish facility as well as core facilities for high
throughput molecular techniques. Applicants should send CV, brief
summary of research interests, and the names of two references
to:

Dr. Laure Bally-Cuif
GSF-Research Center
Institute of Mammalian Genetics