Anti-fungal and egg problems

Danny Jardine danny_jardine at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 9 10:58:11 EST 2001

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has ever had problems with fungus
developing on their zebrafish eggs. I sterilize everything very well
and sometimes still get fungus. Is there any chemical that I can
add to the embryo medium to help this problem???

My second question is regarding eggs. I have been having trouble
lately with the eggs developing. When left undisturbed in the
bottom of the breeding tank in normal water, they will develop fine.
However, when I collect them and add them to embryo medium at
28.5 degrees they have been dying. The chorion is fine, but the
yolk sac and cells seem to merge into a big glob and turn darker in
color?? Any suggestions???

Thanks very much to anyone who can help me as I have searched
all over the web and have a copy of the zebrafish handbook and
can't seem to find an answer.

Danny Jardine
GSA-UNBSJ President
UNBSJ MSc. Student
BSc. (Mount Allison)
1 Alpha Place, Apt. #7
Saint John, NB
E2K 4K9
Work Ph.# 506-648-5794
Home Ph.# 506-693-1145
Cell Ph.# 506-650-1678
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin