chorion problems

jumbarge at fred.fhcrc.org jumbarge at fred.fhcrc.org
Wed Mar 28 19:17:10 EST 2001

Hi, I'm Jen from the Moen's zebra fish lab in Seattle at the Fred
Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

We have recently begun to experience a problem with our 20 hour
embryos.  Their chorions are becoming very soft and then are
sloughing off.    They are just fine when we do our initial sort. Then
after they have been in the incubator over night, we start seeing
problems. This has only started happening in the last month.   We
are wondering if this is some sort of bacterial thing in which
proteases are chewing away at the chorion? We don't know. Any
information you can provide would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Jen Stout
Moens Lab
206-667-5697