Protocol for decalcification.

Clas Johansson Clas.Johansson at cmb.ki.se
Wed May 16 15:18:01 EST 2001

I have for some time labelled mitotic cells in the CNS of rodents
without any problems. Now I would like to do the same thing with
adult Zebrafish. I have administrated BrdU to the fish and fixed
them with 4% PFA. Put them in 30% sucrose before cutting on a
cryostat. My problem is: since the spinal cord is so small it was
difficult to get it out (so I decided to cut the fish in one piece)
however, this was very difficult because the bone around the spinal
cord tear the spinal cord apart. So, does anyone have a protocol for
decalcification or anything else that can help me out?

Best regards Clas

__________________
______

Clas B. Johansson, DDS, Leg. Tandl=E4kare
Karolinska Institute
Medical Nobel Institute
Department of Cell and
Molecular Biology