postdoc and technician positions in C. elegans lab

Garth Patterson patterson at waksman.rutgers.edu
Thu Nov 8 12:15:28 EST 2001

Postdoc and Technician Wanted

We study development and signal transduction in C. elegans using
a variety of genetic and molecular biological techniques. For more
information, see:

Patterson, G. I., and R. Padgett. 2000. TGF-beta-related pathways
control development of C. elegans.  Trends in Genetics 16:27-33

and a description of my research on the web at:

http://lifesci.rutgers.edu/~molbiosci/Professors/patterson.html

Postdoc position: This position involves the study of transcriptional
regulation in a C. elegans regulatory pathway ("dauer" formation).
Possible approaches include: forward and reverse genetic
approaches to identify important regulators; use of microarray
analysis to identify regulated genes; characterization of
transcriptional regulatory elements in regulated genes.  Prior
experience in C. elegans is not necessary, as we are one of eight
excellent C. elegans laboratories on campus. There are ongoing
projects in the lab, as well as several projects that can be
developed independently. Funding for the position is available.

Technician position:  The exact nature of the position will depend
on the skills of the person hired, but I want to find someone to
perform some of the following:  C. elegans strain construction and
phenotype analysis, PCR, cloning, RNA preparation and gene
expression analysis, microinjection of worms for transformation,
and gene mapping.  The position requires a bachelors degree and
laboratory experience. Ability to work independently to implement
and troubleshoot techniques and experiments are pluses.  Ability
to maintain computers and web pages is a plus.

This position pays a competitive wage commensurate with
experience and is grant supported.

Please send a CV/resume to:

Garth Patterson
Rutgers University