Breed without Disco Music!

John Bignell john at bignell.net
Wed Nov 14 12:11:54 EST 2001

I would like to thank everyone who has given me tips on breeding
my Zebra Daino, I think it final worked.

My set up included 2  5g tanks where I separated the males from
the females, in the breeding tank I had lost of plants (plastic) and a
layer of marbles that covered the bottom of the tank. Last night I
took the males and placed them in the breeding tank, turned off the
lights. When morning came I turned the lights on and with out any
disco music or mood lights it all seem to happen to my surprise!
My questions now is, what's next? Should I do anything to the
eggs? Should the temp. stay the same? As for food what should I
look at feeding them? Should I get some Brim Shrimp or will flake
food be good enough? As for the adult fish how long should I keep
them in the breeding tank, after about 20-30 mins. I removed them.
Was that long enough?

thanks for your time

John