postdoctoral & technical positions available

nmanley at mail.mcg.edu nmanley at mail.mcg.edu
Mon Nov 19 13:06:15 EST 2001

Postdoctoral and technical positions available in vertebrate
development/organogenesis and developmental immunology

Dr. Nancy R. Manley
nmanley at mail.mcg.edu

current* mailing address:
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics
1120 15th St., CA1020
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912.
*I will be moving to the Dept. of Genetics, University of Georgia,
Athens, GA in March, 2002.

Positions are available for one postdoctoral fellow and one
technician at the University of Georgia beginning in March 2002 to
study pharyngeal endoderm development, focusing on thymus and
parathyroid organogenesis. My laboratory uses a variety of
approaches, including comparative embryology (lamprey, zebrafish
and mouse), genetic analysis of mutant strains, development of
tissue-specific and inducible transgenes, experimental embryology
(embryo and explant culture), and immunological techniques
(FACS analysis, FTOC, transplantation).  Projects include
evolutionary origins of the thymus in vertebrates, focusing on
molecular and genetic mechanisms of thymus organogenesis in
mice and zebrafish.

Candidates should have experience in molecular techniques.
Experience in either embryology/developmental biology or
immunology is preferred. Please send letter of interest, cv, and the
names of 3 references to Dr. Nancy R. Manley,
nmanley at mail.mcg.edu, or to my current address at Institute of
Molecular Medicine and Genetics, 1120 15th St., CA1020, Medical
College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912.  I will be moving to the
Dept. of Genetics, University of Georgia, Athens, GA in March,
2002.

Nancy R. Manley, PhD
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics
Medical College of Georgia
1120 15th St, CA 4010
Augusta, GA 30912
Fax 706-721-8727