MICROINJECTION

Bonnie Ullmann ullmann at uoneuro.uoregon.edu
Thu Oct 18 13:44:18 EST 2001

Hi Johana, I've heard other folks, in my lab for instance, say they
have a problem with liquid escaping or cytoplasm wicking up into
the electrode diluting the solution injected. I used my labmates
program on the electrode puller once and discovered he was pulling
his capillaries much fatter and blunter at the tip than I was used to.
My program has the heat raised up quite a bit higher than his, my
electrodes are sharper than his, I get a smaller diameter hole and
have had no problem with wicking. Hope this helps a little with your
problem, too. bonnie

--

Bonnie Ullmann
Senior Research Assistant