Bad Luck with Zebra danio Breeding

tcbecker tcbecker at zmnh.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Oct 19 09:39:22 EST 2001

Hi,

we always put less males than females (4 males/6 femals per
40liter = 10 gallon tank). Try 3 females /2 males or so next time.
Also, a 5 cm /2 inch female would probably be beyond breeding
age. Try a fat young one (more like 2.5cm/1 inch. Feed the females
high protein food (like daphnia) for some days before putting the
males into the tank and leave them together for up to a week
(some fish need 3-4 days until they "clue in").

Good luck

Catherina