zebrafish kidney

Rohan Mak r.mak at zmsystems.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 24 16:48:15 EST 2001

"Kane, Colleen" <Colleen.Kane at RoswellPark.org> wrote in
message news:<9r1djs$i4q$1 at mercury.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk>...

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me to identify the kidney in the adult
zebrafish? I want to prepare some RNA from the kidney. I need a
good anatomical description so I can recognize it. Thank you in
advance.

Coleen

Hi Coleen

You should find the kidney at the top of the body cavity running
along underneath the backbone.

The organ is difficult enough to extract from a trout so don't expect
to get an organ out in one piece; perhaps familiarise yourself with a
trout/carp first..? Clear the body cavity of viscera with a snip at
either end and examine the top of the body cavity.

Have fun!

Rohan