ZEBRAFISH DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY

rolf karlstrom karlstrom at bio.umass.edu
Mon Sep 10 10:51:16 EST 2001

ZEBRAFISH DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY
University of Massachusetts Amherst

Applicants are invited for a tenure-track ASSISTANT
PROFESSORSHIP in the Department of Biology (website:
http://www.bio.umass.edu/biology).

We are particularly interested in creative researchers who use the
zebrafish as a model system to study basic problems in a variety
of areas including development, neurobiology, cell differentiation,
and/or signaling. The appointee will join an active zebrafish group
that includes Dr. Rolf Karlstrom, who studies patterning and axon
guidance in the zebrafish forebrain.

We have an excellent zebrafish facility that will be expanded to
accommodate the new position.

Candidates are expected to develop a vigorous, funded research
program and be committed to graduate and undergraduate
education. A Ph.D. and postdoctoral experience are required.

To apply, send curriculum vitae, statement of research interests
and teaching philosophy, and arrange for three letters of
recommendation to be sent to:

Chair, Zebrafish Development Search Committee
Search Number R14097
Biology Department
Morrill Science Center
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003-5810
E-mail: zfsearch at bio.umass.edu

Review of applications will begin October 1, 2001, and continue
until position is filled. The University of Massachusetts is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities
are encouraged to apply.

Rolf Karlstrom Ph.D.
Biology Department
University of Massachusetts