phenotypes

Felisha Mitchell Fmmitche at cedarcrest.edu
Wed Sep 19 09:44:09 EST 2001

I am a sophmore at Cedar Crest College in Allentown,
Pennsylvania. I am conducting a research project in my Genetics
class. We are trying to determine the phenotypes of the progeny of
a cross between homozygous leopard zebra fish and homozygous
wild-type zebra fish. We are assuming that leopard is a
homozygous recessive trait in zebrafish based on past year
studies. If the progeny results in a good culture, we will attempt to
conduct a F2 cross. Hence, we are hoping to see our leopard
phenotype reappear. Can someone please send me or suggest
some information about these particular crossses? Also, should we
perform a backcross to see if the store-brought fish are
heterozygous or homozygous? Can anyone send me any
information on how to keep counts of these fish and how to
determine the F2's from the F1's?

Thank you.
Felisha