fungus in tank system

Chi-Bin Chien chi-bin.chien at hsc.utah.edu
Mon Dec 9 13:39:37 EST 2002

Hi Christina,

Try checking your biofilter function.

We recently had similar problems in one of our recirculating fish
systems. It turned out that we had been lax in monitoring ammonia
and nitrite, and they had crept up to fairly high levels. When we
cleaned our biofilter and got ammonia back down to zero, the white
fungus went away.

If you think about it, this fungus needs some kind of nutrient
source, and if your biofilter is working properly, there shouldn't be
anything for the fungus to live on.

Chi-Bin Chien

Christina Quasarano asked:

--
< Dept. Neurobiology and Anatomy |       office: 1-801-585-1701 > <
Univ. Utah Medical Center      |          lab: 1-801-585-1702 > < 20