Zebrafish reproduction vs. light dark cycle

Kerry Fulcher KerryFulcher at ptloma.edu
Thu Feb 7 17:38:11 EST 2002

Does anyone know if short day/long night photoperiods shuts down
zebrafish reproduction (spermatogenesis or oogenesis)?  I don't
know if zebrafish are normally year-round breeders in the wild or if
they are photoperiod regulated, like many other fish.  If anyone has
any insights on this, I would appreciate hearing what you know.

Thanks,

Kerry

Dr. Kerry Fulcher
Associate Professor of Biology
Point Loma Nazarene University
3900 Lomaland Dr.
San Diego, CA  92106
P  619.849.2651
F  619.849.2598

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the
human freedoms-- to chose one's attitude in any given set of
circumstances, to chose one's own way." Viktor Frankl