transfection of zebrafish fibroblast cell lines?

Jill jmurtha at umich.edu
Mon Feb 25 11:24:05 EST 2002

Hello!  I was wondering if anyone has successfully transfected any
of the zebrafish fibroblast cell lines that are available from ATCC, or
any other types of zebrafish cell cultures for that matter?
Someone told me that fibroblasts are very difficult to transfect - is
that true?  I haven't been able to find any references on transfection
of any of the 4 fibroblast lines available at ATCC, but I thought I'd
ask here.  Thanks in advance for any info.

Jill