Research Technician position

Mary Ellen Lane melane at bioc.rice.edu
Wed Jan 16 12:05:45 EST 2002

A research technician position is available, beginning March 1,
2002, at Rice University in Houston, TX. The position will entail
overseeing our zebrafish facility, as well as performance of a wide
range of experimental techniques. The position will allow the
successful candidate the opportunity for participation in all of the
scientific activities of our research group, including weekly lab
meetings, discussion of scientific papers, and interaction with other
laboratory groups with related interests.  Ideal for highly motivated
individuals interested in a career in academia, biotechnology, or
medicine. Bachelor=92s Degree required (molecular
biology/biochemistry or related field, preferred). Experience
inbiochemistry/molecular biology is preferred. Experience with
aquaria a plus. Good organizational skills are necessary. This is a
full time position (40 hrs per week), with some flexibility in the
schedule.

Salary to be determined based on experience.

Rice and Houston offer a dynamic scientific environment with
several labs focused on early embryonic development of vertebrate
and invertebrate organisms.

Interested candidates should send resume and 3 letters of
recommendation to:

Mary Ellen Lane, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology
MS 140
Rice University
PO Box 1892
Houston TX 77251-1892