cell lines

Jill jmurtha at umich.edu
Wed Jul 17 12:18:32 EST 2002

Hello!  Does anyone have any experience with using zebrafish cell
lines?  I've been trying to get the AB.9 cells (fibroblast line from
ATCC) going and have been having a terrible time.  They never
reach confluency and start dying off a few days after I start them up
immediately upon receipt.  ATCC has sent me a couple of
replacements, but the problem is still the same.  I'm following their
recommendations exactly, and I've spoken to their tech support a
couple of times, but I can't figure out what is wrong.  I'd appreciate
it if anyone who has any experience with this cell line or any other
zfish cell lines would be willing to share their experiences and
advice with me.

Also, does anyone have any zebrafish cells of any kind growing
that they would be willing to send me?  Either a frozen vial or a
growing flask would be fine.  Of course, we would cover any
expenses necessary, including shipping.  I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Jill

Jill M. Murtha, DVM
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow