protein isolation from adult zebrafish tissues

Jill jmurtha at umich.edu
Mon Jun 10 10:20:45 EST 2002

Hello!  I've been trying to isolate protein from adult zebrafish tissues
(brain, liver, and muscle), but I've had some trouble getting a clear
lysate and I'm not too confident in the quality of the samples I'm
getting.  I've been using a protocol from Santa Cruz, but its
assuming that the quantities of tissues being used are much larger
than what I have, so I've had to weigh my tiny samples and scale
the volumes of buffer and enzymes down accordingly.  And I'm not
sure how accurate that is.

Does anyone have a good protocol for extracting total proteins from
adult zebrafish tissue, or from very small quantities of tissues in
general?

Thanks in advance,
Jill

---