Question about zebrafish

Elena Dacs seizethedaylater at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 26 10:10:55 EST 2002

Good day! I am Maria Elena K. Dacanay from the University of the
Philippines.  I am currently working on my thesis regarding the use
of intelligent polymers as drug delivery vehicles.  These intelligent
polymers, which are made of carageenan and PVP, will be
constructed such that they will swell (to incorporate the drug) and
shrink (to release the drug) at specified pH values.

My specimen of choice is the zebrafish (Danio rerio).  Therefore, I
would like to inquire if anyone has knowledge of the pH values of
zebrafish stomach, intestine, and gills. I have checked the local
library and I have tried surfing the net for these values but so far I
have not come across any such data. I would be very grateful for
whatever information you may have to share.

Thank you very much for your time!

Sincerely yours,
Maria Elena K. Dacanay