Breeding zebrafish

Greg Dutton duttong at ohsu.edu
Tue Oct 15 13:26:26 EST 2002

Hi, my name is Greg Dutton from the Ransom lab at Oregon Health
Sciences University.  About 5 months ago our lab obtained a stock
of ABC strain fish from the facility in Eugene (birthdate 9/11/01).
We are having a great deal of trouble getting these fish to lay eggs.
Our water quality is good, light cyles are never broken, and we feed
the fish brine shrimp twice per day.  We put a male and a female in
a small cage to breed them.  I was wondering if perhaps the
feeding regime could affect the laying of eggs or if you had any
suggestions about how to set the fish up for breeding.  We're
running out of ideas, so any you might have would help a lot.

Thanks very much,

Greg