Postdoctoral position

Alain Ghysen aghysen at crit.univ-montp2.fr
Thu Sep 12 11:19:56 EST 2002

Postdoctoral Position Available

A postdoctoral position is available to work on the development of
the lateral line in Danio and other fish species. Our work
concentrates on the genes that control the patterning of the sense
organs (and in particular the migration events that are central to
this patterning), and on the genes that control the connectivity of
the sensory neurons. The lab is excellently equipped for advanced
microscopy (Nipkow disc confocal, pressure- and iontophoretic-
injection set ups, laser attachment, slow-scan Princeton camera).
We are located on the University campus together with groups
working on cell biology, parasitology, neurosciences, and virology;
in addition several research institutes are within walking distance of
the campus. Montpellier is a delightful and culturally very active
city, and Languedoc is (in my view) the most attractive region of
France.

We are seeking applicants with excellent background in molecular
biology and curious to learn more about development in a simple,
defined, accessible model system. An interest in evolutionary
questions would be welcome.  Funding (from INSERM, France's
NIH homolog) is available at minimum for one year. The position
must be occupied at the latest on June 1, 2003.

Please send a CV, description of research interests and names of
references to:

Alain Ghysen
Lab. de Neurogenetique - INSERM E0012
Universite Montpellier II, cc 103
place E. Bataillon, 34095 Montpellier Cedex5, France
Tel. 33 467.14.4802 (office), 3253 (lab), 3928 (fax)
web page http://www.univ-montp2.fr/~neurodvpmt