Active Avoidance Conditioning

Ron Guido rguido at nyc.rr.com
Mon Apr 7 10:14:26 EST 2003

My name is Matthew Guido and I am presently a sophomore at Regis
High School in New York. I am raising a generation of zebrafish and
hope to examine the genetics of the embryos and how it correlates to
how the fish performs in an active avoidance conditioning experiment. I
am currently trying to obtain instructions on the construction of a
shuttle box. An article called, "Inhibition of Memory Consolidation by
Antibodies against Cell Adhesion Molecules after Active Avoidance
Conditioning in Zebrafish" published by Pradel et al., sites a shuttle box
that originally was the design of Horner et al. (1961) and Priont and
Schimdt (1988). I was wondering if there is any way that I could obtain
these original articles or the diagram of the shuttle box construction
with material instruction from these articles.

If this is not possible, I was wondering if anyone could possibly
recommend a construction method or an article which contains
detailed construction information.

Thank you very much for all your help in this matter.

Sincerely,
Matthew Guido