Postdoc position

Bruce Riley briley at mail.bio.tamu.edu
Tue Apr 29 09:41:34 EST 2003

A funded postdoctoral position is available at Texas A&M University to
study development of the inner ear and hindbrain in zebrafish.  Our
group studies mechanisms of otic placode induction and hair cell
specification.  A related interest is in hindbrain patterning and the role
of hindbrain signals in otic development.  We have initiated a screen to
identify mutants with defects in the above processes. Although funding
is secure for five years, postdocs are encouraged to develop
independent research projects and to seek outside funding. Applicants
should have training in developmental biology, molecular biology and
genetics.

Send a CV, a statement of purpose with a description of interests and
training, and references to: Bruce Riley Biology Department Texas
A&M University College Station, TX 77843-3258 979-845-6494
briley at mail.bio.tamu.edu

Dr. Bruce B. Riley
Associate Professor
Biology Department