Research Assistant II/III

Nathan Bahary bahary+ at pitt.edu
Tue Feb 11 11:22:00 EST 2003

Two openings are immediately available in the laboratory of Dr. Nathan
Bahary at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center to study
blood/vasculature and gastrointestinal development in the Zebrafish.

We are searching for two highly motivated individuals, who will help
examine mutant zebrafish and be involved in genetic screens for new
mutants affecting organ development. These positions will be primarily
laboratory based and encompass a wide variety of developmental and
genetic techniques. The successful candidates should have a bachelor's
degree, preferably science related, be comfortable with personal computers
and possess exceptional organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and the
ability to work independently,. Previous zebrafish experience, although a
plus, is not required. These positions provide not only a vehicle to learn and
expand your skills in genetics and developmental bench experimentation,
but also an exciting opportunity to help create the first large-scale zebrafish
facility/program in Western Pennsylvania.

These positions are full time, and we seek a two-year commitment from
qualified candidates. Salary is commensurate with experience.

Please send a cover letter/CV or address inquiries to (email/phone
preferable)

Dr. Nathan Bahary
Assistant Professor
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center