Water quality levels

Dallas E. Weaver, Ph.D. deweaver at gte.net
Wed Feb 26 10:52:01 EST 2003

Greg,

What is "optimal" depends upon the details.  For example, if the nitrite
is high, you want high chloride while maintaining a reasonable Na/K
ratio.

In general,  5 < DO < 10 with total gas pressure < 1 atm Ammonia,
nitrite non-detectable ( < 0.1 ammonia, < 0.05 nitrite). TDS < 2500 ppm
for breeding and larval and < 5,000 ppm for growout. pH from 6 to 8 for
breeding.

Dallas

Greg Dutton wrote:
> Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a list of
> standardized water quality values for chloride, DO, nitrite, etc.,
> that are optimal for zebrafish. Thanks very much,
>
> Greg Dutton
> Oregon Health Sciences University
> (503) 494-9483
> ---